Boutique Returns & Layby
As a valued client of Scanlan Theodore, we would like to thank you for visiting our Australian boutiques. At Scanlan Theodore, we pride ourselves on luxurious well-crafted designs with devotion to modern aestheticism.
In the instance that you may need to return one of your items, the following terms and conditions apply to all purchases made in one of our retail boutiques.
FULL PRICE ITEMS
Full priced items purchased in boutiques are eligible for a credit or exchange only within 7-days from purchase. Refunds are not offered for change of mind.
Sale items purchased in boutiques are final sale and not eligible for a return unless deemed faulty.
CONDITIONS OF RETURN
Please ensure the below conditions are met, before returning your purchase in one of our boutiques:
- The goods are returned to any boutique within 7 days of purchase.
- Item(s) must be in perfect condition and must not have been worn, altered, damaged or washed. Be careful of make-up rubbing off on garments. In the result of this happening we will be unable to accept your return.
- Item(s) must be in original packaging with all tags attached, including shoe boxes and dust bags. All shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface to avoid scuff marks until you have decided to keep them.
- For all swimwear customers must try on items wearing undergarments. If returned, the protective hygiene strip must remain in place and will not be accepted if removed or altered, or the item otherwise shows signs of wear.
- The following items are non-refundable/exchangeable due to health restrictions: intimates and jewellery.
- Gift cards cannot be returned
All returns must be accompanied with your receipt as proof of purchase. We cannot accept any items purchased from a David Jones concession, as these must be returned to a David Jones store. Items purchased at a boutique cannot be returned online. Scanlan Theodore reserves the right to reject returns that do not comply as per our returns policy.
BOUTIQUE RETURNS PROCESS
Visit one of our boutiques with your proof of purchase and present your item(s) to be assessed and processed in accordance to the boutique return policy.
IN-STORE RETURNS PROCESS FOR ONLINE PURCHASE
You may visit your nearest boutique to return your online purchase permitted by the following terms: Full price online purchases are eligible to be returned in-store for a credit or exchange only. Sale items are not eligible to be returned in-store. If you require a refund on a full price item your purchase must be sent back to our online warehouse for processing. Returns will only be accepted in-store with proof of purchase and a completed Online Returns Form. Please note, once your online order has been exchanged or returned to a boutique, your purchase will then fall under our Boutique Returns Policy. Item(s) that have already been exchanged or returned to store are no longer eligible for a refund.
We can offer an exchange on a full price item if you wish to swap your item for a different size or item(s) of equal value of your original purchase. Exchanges are subject to availability once your return is received by one of our boutiques. If we are unable to fulfil your request, we suggest returning your item(s) back to online as they may be able to offer alternative solutions.
Boutique credit vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be used online or at one of our David Jones concession stores. Credit vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
If you receive an item that you believe to be faulty, please contact Customer Care within 14 days of receipt. If the item is assessed and considered to be faulty, Scanlan Theodore offers a number of suitable solutions. Please note, items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear or incorrect garment care are not considered to be faulty.
Our boutique Layby service is available for clients who are looking to complete their purchase through a payment plan. In addition to the above conditions, the following layby terms and conditions outlined below apply to this service.
The strict terms of a Layby are the following:
- Minimum 25% deposit
- 6-week term
- If you wish to change an item on layby, you may do so within 7 days of the layby creation date. We will not accept any alterations on the collection date.
- If you wish to cancel the layby entirely, you will receive your full deposit as a credit note if complete within 7 days of creating the layby. If after 7 days, you will forfeit 25% of the total layby amount.
Regular fortnightly payments must be made. Payments can be made in any of our boutiques during the 6-week term. However, for layby collection the last payment must be made at the boutique where the layby was created.
Laybys that have not been paid in full by the end of the 6-week term will be subject to cancellation. Overdue laybys will be cancelled, and you will forfeit 25% of the total layby amount.
Layby is not available on sale product or gift card purchases.
Last updated: February 2023