Brushed Mohair Care Guide
Opulent and richly textured, Scanlan Theodore’s mohair pieces are designed to provide luxurious softness and warmth. Crafted from yarn produced in Italy and certified under the Responsible Mohair Standard (RMS), our Mohair pieces are specially finished and hand brushed to achieve the long, soft hair fibres.
Benefits of Brushed Mohair
- Rich in texture
How to wash Brushed Mohair
For laundering, we recommend a gentle dry clean only. Brushed mohair does not require laundering after every wear but should be laundered only when necessary, or at the end of each Winter season.
- Store folded in a clean, dry area with a moth repellent and away from sunlight
- Being a natural fibre, some shedding will occur. This will settle over time.
- To maintain the soft, long hair appearance, garments may be gently brushed using a soft bristle brush to de-tangle the hairs. This should be performed sparingly.
How to store Brushed Mohair
Brushed mohair should be stored folded, not hung, and away from sunlight. Hanging brushed mohair garments may result in stretching. We recommend storing your natural wools and hairs with moth or cedar balls to prevent moth damage.
- Should be stored folded, not hung, away from sunlight
- Moth or cedar balls are recommended to prevent moth damage
How to care for Brushed Mohair
Due to the natural long hair fibre, brushed mohair garments must be treated with care. Some shedding will occur during the first few wears. This is to be expected and is a natural characteristic of how the yarns are spun. This shedding will reduce over time and with each wear. Through abrasion and humidity, the long hair fibres may ball together. This can easily be rectified by using a soft bristle brush to gently detangle the hair. Brushing should only be performed as necessary, as over brushing can damage the garment.
- Gentle regular brushing is recommended
Scanlan Theodore’s Brushed Mohair Knitwear and Mohair Garments are renowned for their luxurious softness and warmth which are ideal for winter layering and exude elevated style. We have shared some guidance to ensure that your piece stands the test of time and can be enjoyed for years to come, just as it was designed to. If you have any further questions, please submit a request to our Client Experience Team.